Balanced Budgets & Resources for Results
Responsible financial management helps Pleasanton Unified put resources toward results
Given our primary funding source is the taxpayers dollar, it is imperative that we use our scarce resources wisely. Pleasanton USD develops its budget each year with one overriding priority in mind: will budgeted funds improve the learning opportunities for our students? Making that decision is never easy because of competing priorities and demands. We are guided by our Strategic Plan that provides the vision to use resources that keep our students and schools moving forward.
These are guiding principles we follow in making budget decisions:
- A rich curriculum with learning opportunities that meet the diverse needs of all students
- A prudent reserve so we can weather economic and funding uncertainty
- Balanced budgets that help us live within our means for at least three years
- Competitive total compensation for our employees
- Open dialogue with all stakeholders about budget priorities
- Transparent communication about fiscal operations and budget decisions
For more details about our district’s budget process and how we allocate Resources Toward Results we have posted helpful updates, financial reports, and informational documents in the resource box to the right.