Thank you for applying with the Pleasanton Unified School District. Please take a few moments to review the requirements and instructions prior to completing the application. We have also included some frequently asked questions that we hope will be helpful to you. If you need further assistance, please call our Human Resources Department at 925.462.5500.
Education, Experience and Reference Information
You will be asked for specific information in completing the on-line application. Please have available for reference the following information:
- Colleges/universities attended, dates, degrees earned
- Professional references included three (3) people who have knowledge of your work experience, i.e., principal or supervisor
Documents You’ll Need
When submitting your on-line application, please be prepared to attach the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Certificates/Licenses (if applicable)
- Transcripts (if applicable)
- Motor Vehicle Department record for past 5 years if applying as Bus Driver
The application has required fields that you must fill in or the application will not be accepted. These fields are identified with an asterisk (*).
Saving Progress During Online Application
When you have completed a page, click on the NEXT button at the bottom of the page to save your information and move to the next page.
The “JUMP TO PAGE” function allows you to move from page to page without submitting the information. Using the “JUMP TO PAGE” function does NOT save data entered on your application. You must click on the NEXT page button at the bottom of each page to properly save all data entered.
Printing a Paper Copy
It is recommended that you print a copy of your application before you submit the final page. Use the “JUMP TO PAGE” function as you will need to print each page individually.
Time Limit for Completing Applications
Incomplete applications must be completed within seven days or will need to be re-entered.
What Happens Next
When the on-line application is complete, please go to “Job Postings” to be considered for open positions. When all requirements have been met, your application will be considered for interviews.
Completed applications are reviewed and selected applicants are contacted by administrators or their assistants to schedule interviews. Please do not call administrators, principals, schools or sites for an interview. Applicants do not submit letters of intent for vacant positions.
- Is my information confidential?
- Because PUSD is a public entity, your application is considered a public document and is subject to disclosure, upon request, whether you apply on a paper document or through the on-line process.
- Which positions use the on-line application?
- The on-line application is used for all applicants.
- What if my certification/license is not listed in your table?
- Choose the “Not Listed” entry in the table and type in the description as it reads on your certificate in the corresponding row provided below the Areas of Certification/Licensure portion of the application.
- What if my College/University is not listed in your table?
- Choose the “Other” entry in the table and type your college/university name in the corresponding row provided below the Colleges/Universities portion of the application.
- When I click on the “Submit” button, my application is not accepted. What do I do?
- It may be necessary to refresh your application and resubmit. It may be that the web site is busy.
- How can I get assistance if I’m having a problem with my on-line application?
- Help is available in our Human Resources Department, or by calling 925.462.5500.
We appreciate your interest in employment with The Pleasanton Unified School District.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The District shall use the uniform complaint procedures to resolve any complaint alleging unlawful discrimination in district programs and activities based on actual race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.