Registration / New Student Enrollment Information
- Click here for Student Enrollment flier.
- Click here for ENGLISH Registration_Form_50750_FILLABLE “fillable” format (Tip for MAC users: do not use “Preview” to open fillable forms as it may corrupt the file. Use Adobe Reader)
- Click here for ENGLISH Registration Form 50750 “standard” pdf format
- Click here for SPANISH 50750 reg form spanish 7-09_PUBLIC “fillable” fo50750 reg form spanish 7-09_PUBLICrmat (Tip for MAC users: do not use “Preview” to open fillabe forms as it may corrupt the file. Use Adobe Reader)
- Click here for SPANISH Registration Form 50750 “standard” pdf format
New Student Emergency Contact Information Form
- Click here for blank Emergency contact information fillable form.
Open Enrollment for 2013-14 School Year
(For current students requesting to attend an alternative school site within district)
- Jan 7 – Jan 31, 2013: Entering Grades 1 – 12 (current students)
- Mar 20 – Mar 31, 2013: Entering Kindergarten (or new to Pleasanton Unified School District) Click here for Open Enrollment flier.
Choice Attendance Area Information and Form
The Choice street directory & form is only for those areas designated by this document. At this point in time there are only two types of choice areas either for Elementary (Valley View or Vintage Hills) or High School (Amador Valley or Foothill). Please check for your street address to see if you are in a choice area. Only those streets in choice areas are listed here.
- If you are in a choice area entering elementary please download the Choice form and turn it in with your registrationt form.
- If you are entering your first year at high school please download the Choice form and turn it in at either your school site or at Pupil Services 4661 Bernal Ave, Pleasanton.
New Student Enrollment
The parent/guardian of a student MUST complete a registration form and provide the following documents:
- Evidence of residency within the district (two (2) current and different forms of evidence required). School district residents must provide a current utility bill (such as PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV), recent close of escrow papers, or recently signed rental/lease agreement (with name, address and telephone number of lessor).
If registration pre-dates the start of school attendance by more than a month, a second utility bill may be requested after the first month of student attendance.
Unacceptable proof of residency include: Post office box, bank statement, driver’s license, credit card bills, personal check, property tax statement, mortgage statement, AFDC statements, or cell phone statements are not acceptable as proof of residency.
Falsification of an address may result in denying the enrollment of a student.
- Student immunization record signed by a doctor (see “Health Services” for immunization requirements).
- Proof of age (Kindergarten only, must be 5 years of age on or before October 1 of that school year). See “Kindergarten Round-Up” section below.
- Strongly Recommended: Parents’ or legal guardian’s employment information (for emergency contact).
Pupil Enrollment and Registration Administrative Regulation 5190
- Open Enrollment
- Overflow Enrollment
- Proof of Residency
- Residency Requirements
Kindergarten Round-Up / Registration of New Elementary Students in Grades 1-5
Kindergarten Round-up and registration is held in March each year in the Amador Valley High School Gym, 1155 Santa Rita Road, Pleasanton, CA 94566, 3:30 – 7:30 p.m. (Enrollment is not based on first-come first-served basis)
Click here to view Kindergarten Round-up flier.
Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook
The Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook includes important information and forms available for printing.
Click here to view Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook 2013.
For fall 2013 Kindergarten Round-Up Registration is March 20 and 21, 2013. After Round-Up dates you may register at your resident school site.
Kindergarten registration is intended for current Pleasanton Unified School District residents only. Families anticipating a move into Pleasanton Unified School District boundaries need to know that registration procedures cannot be completed before the family moves into the district. School-district residents MUST provide two current and different utility bills.
During two days each spring, parents are encouraged to enroll kindergarten-age and transitional kindergarten age students in the district. The spring registration period is important for the district to determine the number of kindergarten classes necessary for the following school year. Children are eligible for kindergarten if they have reached five (5) years of age on or before October 1, 2013. One of the following proof of age as well as proof of residency is required:
- Certified copy of a birth record or a statement of the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, or
- Baptism certificate duly attested, or
- Passport, or
- Affidavit proving the age of the child.
Meetings for Parents of New Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Students
Parents who are planning to register their children for Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in the Pleasanton Unified School District (2013-14 school year) are invited to attend any one of three meetings scheduled for your convenience from 6:00-7:00 PM in the school Multi-Use Room on:
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at Donlon Elementary School Multi-use Room
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at Vintage Hills Elementary School Multi-use Room
- Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at Valley View Elementary School Multi-use Room (En espanol / Spanish)
- Thursday, February 28, 2013 at Fairlands Elementary School Multi-use Room
These meetings are intended for parents only.
Topics of discussion will be typical school day, Kindergarten registration procedures and Kindergarten Round-up, required immunizations, getting your child ready to attend school. Click here for the Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook with registration forms. These meetings are intended for parents only. Click here for new Kindergarten or TK Student Meetings flier.
This new program will provide a two year, developmentally appropriate curriculum for our youngest students entering school.
- Students born between November 1, 2007 and October 1, 2008 may only register for kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year. Families need to register at their resident school.
- Children born between October 2, 2008 and December 2, 2008 will register for Transitional Kindergarten only.
- Transitional K students should only register with the District Pupil Services Department.
- Families with September 2008 birthdays MAY request a spot in Transitional Kindergarten.
Placement of these requests (September birthdays) will be done on a space availability basis. In the meantime, these families should register for regular kindergarten at their resident school. For more information you may contact Pupil Services at 925.426.4290.