Registration / New Student Enrollment Information
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR USERS OF FILLABLE FORMS – Why my completed form didn’t save data?
1. A user (who does not have Adobe Pro) must download the fillable form and save it in their file or desktop.
2. THEN open from file/desktop and fill it out.
3. Rename completed form so original empty template remains in their files for future use.
- Click here for Student Enrollment flier.
- Click here for Check list for Registration.
- Click here for ENGLISH Registration_Form_50750_FILLABLE “fillable” format (Tip for MAC users: do not use “Preview” to open fillable forms as it may corrupt the file. Use Adobe Reader)
- Click here for ENGLISH Registration Form 50750 “standard” pdf format
- Click here for SPANISH 50750 reg form spanish 7-09_PUBLIC “fillable” format (Tip for MAC users: do not use “Preview” to open fillabe forms as it may corrupt the file. Use Adobe Reader)
- Click here for SPANISH Registration Form 50750 “standard” pdf format
New Student Emergency Contact Information Form
- Click here for blank Emergency contact information fillable form.
Open Enrollment for 2014-15 School Year
(For current students requesting to attend an alternative school site within district)
Parents/guardians may request that their student attend a Pleasanton school different from their home school. In order to make the request, parents/guardians complete the Open Enrollment form and indicate the requested school. Approval is based on school capacity and space availability.
The current impacted schools where we do not anticipate space for open enrollment students are Walnut Grove Elementary school, Harvest Park Middle School, and Amador Valley High School.
Should openings be available at a school, a random, unbiased selection process, a lottery, is used to determine which open enrollment requests are granted. If granted, the selected school becomes the student’s new home school, until the completion of the highest grade offered at that school. Students return to their original residence attendance area for Middle and High School.
- The Open Enrollment period for Grades 1-12 is during the month of January 2014.
- The Open Enrollment period for Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten is the month of March 2014.
The Open Enrollment form is available at all school sites and at the District Office. Forms may be turned in to Student Services Office beginning January 6, 2014 – 215 Abbie Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566.
Choice Attendance Area Information and Form
The Choice street directory & form is only for those areas designated by this document. At this point in time there are only two types of choice areas either for Elementary (Valley View or Vintage Hills) or High School (Amador Valley or Foothill). Please check for your street address to see if you are in a choice area. Only those streets in choice areas are listed here.
- If you are in a choice area entering elementary please download the Choice form and turn it in with your registration form. Forms are due by January 15, 2014.
- If you are entering your first year at high school please download the Choice form and turn it in at either your school site or at Student Services 215 Abbie Street, Pleasanton. Forms are due by January 15, 2014.
New Student Enrollment
The parent/guardian of a student MUST complete a registration form and provide the following documents:
- Evidence of residency within the district (two (2) current and different forms of evidence required). School district residents must provide a current utility bill (such as PG&E, telephone, water, garbage, or cable TV), recent close of escrow papers, or recently signed rental/lease agreement (with name, address and telephone number of lessor).
If registration pre-dates the start of school attendance by more than a month, a second utility bill may be requested after the first month of student attendance.
Unacceptable proof of residency include: Post office box, bank statement, driver’s license, credit card bills, personal check, property tax statement, mortgage statement, AFDC statements, or cell phone statements are not acceptable as proof of residency.
Falsification of an address may result in denying the enrollment of a student.
- Student immunization record signed by a doctor (see “Health Services” for immunization requirements).
- Proof of age (Kindergarten only, must be 5 years of age on or before October 1 of that school year). See “Kindergarten Round-Up” section below.
- Strongly Recommended: Parents’ or legal guardian’s employment information (for emergency contact).
Student Enrollment and Registration Administrative Regulation 5190
- Open Enrollment
- Overflow Enrollment
- Proof of Residency
- Residency Requirements
Kindergarten Round-Up / Registration of New Elementary Students in Grades 1-5
Kindergarten Round-up and registration is held in March each year in the Amador Valley High School Gym, 1155 Santa Rita Road, Pleasanton, CA 94566, 3:30 – 7:30 p.m. (Enrollment is not based on first-come first-served basis)
Click here to view Kindergarten Round-up flier 2014.
Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook
The Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook includes important information and forms available for printing.
Click here to view Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook 2014.
For fall 2014 Kindergarten Round-Up Registration is March 12 and 13, 2014. After Round-Up dates you may register at your resident school site.
Kindergarten registration is intended for current Pleasanton Unified School District residents only. Families anticipating a move into Pleasanton Unified School District boundaries need to know that registration procedures cannot be completed before the family moves into the district. School-district residents MUST provide two current and different utility bills.
During two days each spring, parents are encouraged to enroll kindergarten-age and transitional kindergarten age students in the district. The spring registration period is important for the district to determine the number of kindergarten classes necessary for the following school year. Children are eligible for kindergarten if they have reached five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2014. One of the following proof of age as well as proof of residency is required:
- Certified copy of a birth record or a statement of the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth, or
- Baptism certificate duly attested, or
- Passport, or
- Affidavit proving the age of the child.
Meetings for Parents of New Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Students
Parents who are planning to register their children for Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten (TK) in the Pleasanton Unified School District (2014-15 school year) are invited to attend any one of three meetings scheduled for your convenience from 6:00-7:00 PM in the school Multi-Use Room on:
- Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at Valley View Elementary School Multi-use Room (English and en español)
- Thursday, February 27, 2014 at Lydiksen Elementary School Multi-use Room
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Alisal Elementary School Multi-use Room
These meetings are intended for parents only.
Topics of discussion will be typical school day, Kindergarten registration procedures and Kindergarten Round-up, required immunizations, getting your child ready to attend school. Click here for the Kindergarten Parent Information Handbook with registration forms. These meetings are intended for parents only. Click here for newKindergarten or TK Student Meetings flier.
This new program will provide a two year, developmentally appropriate curriculum for our youngest students entering school.
For 2013-2014 School Year:
- Students born between November 1, 2007 and October 1, 2008 may only register for kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year. Families need to register at their resident school.
- Children born between October 2, 2008 and December 2, 2008 will register for Transitional Kindergarten only.
- Transitional K students should only register with the District Student/Pupil Services Department.
- Families with September 2008 birthdays MAY request a spot in Transitional Kindergarten.
For 2014-2015 School Year:
- Students born between December 2, 2008 and September 1, 2009 may only register for kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year. Families need to register at their resident school.
- Children born between September 2, 2009 and December 2, 2009 will register for Transitional Kindergarten only.
- Transitional K students should only register with the District Student Services Department.
For more information you may contact Student Services at 925.426.4290.