Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Pleasanton Unified School District
215 Abbie Street NOTE NEW LOCATION
Pleasanton, CA 94566
Welcome to Student Services!
The Student Services staff maximizes the instructional programs throughout the district through the delivery of specialized services such as: registration of students, student attendance and accounting, individualized services for students with disabilities, the custody of student records and all federal and state procedural safeguards attached to student records/data, for due process in matters of student discipline and student health services.
Questions regarding student records, attendance, and registration, discipline and student placement, school boundaries, interdistrict/intradistrict transfer, home-based instruction for health reasons, health services and requirements, and drug/alcohol education may be directed to this department at 925.426.4290.
“The Book,” A Guide for Pleasanton Parents to the Things that Really Matter
The Pleasanton Unified School District takes great pride in our positive relationship with the City of Pleasanton and the Pleasanton Police Department. Our partnership includes open communication about issues and concerns. Together, we focus on providing information and prevention training for students and families on such topics as cyber bullying, drug & alcohol use/abuse, stress and anxiety issues, and suicide prevention.
The Pleasanton Police Department produces “The Book,” an annual publication that is “a guide for Pleasanton Parents to the things that really matter.”
One of PUSD’s goals for the current school year related to providing a safe learning environment for all students. Part of this includes providing information to families about teen depression. Please click on the links for information about the myths and fact related to depression and teen suicide. An anonymous Student Support Tipline is available for phone calls or texts at 925.417.5199.
Student Services Directory
- Attendance Areas
- Street Directory
- Choice Form
- California Attendance Requirements
- Child Welfare and Attendance/Truancy
- Closed Campus
- Exclusions from Attendance
- Excused and Unexcused Absences
- Interdistrict/Intradistrict Transfers
Counseling and Alternative Programs
- 504 Plans
- Alternative Programs
- Community Counseling Services
- Pleasanton Youth Master Plan
- Pleasanton PD “The Book”
- Character Education
- Child Abuse
- School Safety Plans
- Discipline Appeals
- Due Process
- Police Liaison
- Police Involvement on School Campuses
- Access to Student Records
- Questioning a Student on Campus
- Apprehending a Student on Campus
- Notification of Police
- Pupil Behavior – Administrative Regulations
- Suspensions and Expulsions
- Administrative Transfer
- Safe Schools Plans
- Sexual Harassment/ Pupil to Pupil
- Code of Pupil Conduct
- Kindergarten Round-up/Registration
- Open Enrollment
- Overflow Enrollment
- Proof of Residency
- Residency Requirements
- Health Offices
- Health Screening
- Athletic Clearances
- Confidential Medical Services
- Food Allergy
- Health Check-Up
- Oral Health Assessment
- Head Lice
- Emergency Card
- Tobacco-Free District
- Prescription or Over the Counter Administration Consent Form
- Contract to Carry Medication Form
- I am interested in moving to Pleasanton and would like to see an attendance area map.
- Please review/download an attendance area map by elementary, middle school, and high school provided in the Attendance Area link. (Attendance Areas
- I am moving to Pleasanton and would like to know which school my child will be attending?
- Each school has residential attendance area. Please review/download the Street Directory to determine your child’s home school. (Attendance Areas)
- Do I have to live in Pleasanton to register my child?
- Yes, you must be a current resident living within the geographical boundaries of the Pleasanton Unified School District to register your child. (Enrollment)
- I am employed/own a business in Pleasanton, can my child attend one of the schools in Pleasanton?
- The district of residence shall be defined as the district where the child resides. A residence is the child and guardian place of domicile during the course of attending school. If the residence is located within boundaries of the Pleasanton Unified School District, the pupil shall be designated as a resident of the District. The parent’s place of business or employment is not defined as the district where the child resides. An inter-district transfer is initiated by the parent in the district of residence. (Attendance – Inter-District Transfers—Regulation 5192)
- I do not live in Pleasanton, but I would like my child to attend one of the schools in Pleasanton?
- An inter-district transfer is initiated by the parent in the district of residence. (Attendance – Inter-District Transfers—Regulation 5192)
- How do I register my child?
- Grades K-12 register directly at the resident school.
- Transitional Kindergarten, please call Student Services Department for registration process, 925.426.4290.
- During summer break, register at Student Services Department at 215 Abbie Street, Pleasanton, CA 94566.
A completed Registration Form 50750 and required documents MUST be provided before registration is considered complete and the child is permitted to attend school. Please review New Student Enrollment in Enrollment.
- Will my child be able to attend his/her school of resident?
- When all classes at a given grade level reach class maximums, the child will be overflowed to a school where space is available. The child will be placed on a waiting list based on enrollment date and move-in date. The student’s resident school will notify the child’s parent when space becomes available, and the parent will have the option of having the child remain at the school the child was overflowed to or attend the resident school. (Enrollment)
- Can my child attend a different school other than his/her resident school?
- You must complete an Open Enrollment form to request your child to attend a school within the district but outside the child’s attendance area. The decision will be based on space availability. (Enrollment)
- Can my child attend Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten?
- For school year 2014/2015, a child is eligible for admission to Transitional Kindergarten if the child will have his/her fifth birthday between September 2, 2009 through December 2, 2009. [Transitional kindergarten is a two-year program.]
- A child is eligible to attend Kindergarten during the first school month if the child will have his/her fifth birthday on or before:
September 1, 2014 for school year 2014/2015
- Can my child remain at his/her current school if I move within Pleasanton but in a different school of resident?
- If you have a change of residence with the Pleasanton Unified School District during the school year, you must show proof of residence for the new address.
You have three options:
- The child may remain at the school of attendance for the balance of the school year, if space is available, by completing an Interim Open Enrollment form.
- The child may remain at the school of attendance through 5th grade, 8th grade, or 12th grade as a continuing student.
- The child may immediately enroll in the school designated for her/her new address if space is available. If space is not available, the child may remain at the school of attendance until space becomes available at their resident school.
(See Attendance page for further details)
- What do I need to do if I move out of the Pleasanton Unified School District?
- If you have a change of residence with the Pleasanton Unified School District during the school year, you must notify the resident school of your new address AND complete an Inter-District Transfer form from the district of your new resident. (Attendance)
- What are the immunization requirements for my child?
- Please review the Immunizations link.
- I am unable to locate my child’s immunization record, can I register my child?
- If the child is transferring from one public school within California to another public school in California, you have thirty (30) days to provide the proof of immunization. After thirty (30) days with no valid immunization, you will receive a “Notice of Exclusion from School Attendance.”Students entering Kindergarten, transferring from a private school, transferring from out-of-state or out-of-country, you MUST provide the resident school with the required immunization records. (Immunizations)
- I cannot locate my high school diploma. Can I get a copy of my high school diploma?
- Student Services can only provide you with an official copy of your transcript. Please review Pupil Records/Transcripts link to obtain an official transcript. (Pupil Records/Transcripts)
- How do I obtain an official copy of my transcript?
- Please review Pupil Records/Transcripts link to obtain an official transcript. (Pupil Records/Transcripts)
- Can I email or fax a request for an official copy of my transcript and pay with a debit/credit card?
- Student Services is not set up to accept debit/credit card payment. You will need to submit a written request with payment (money order or cashier check payable to Pleasanton Unified School District) or come to Student Services Department during regular business hours. (Pupil Records/Transcripts)