Resources to help students learn and teachers teach
- Video Collection – more than 5,000 VHS & DVD titles supporting the Pleasanton Unified K-12 curriculum and state and national standards.
- Supplemental Material – book boxes organized by themes and subjects containing multiple copies of several different titles and media.
- Realia – models, artifacts, reproductions and dolls.
- Kits – mixed media. Kits may contain various items such as books, posters, pictures, coloring books, and audio and video tapes.
- Audio Collection – music and stories on cassette tapes and CDs.
- Professional Collection – print and nonprint materials for staff members.
- Equipment for laminating, poster/chart production and for spiral binding. Please call ahead for service and prices.
- Three hundred fifty Ellison die templates for cutouts to use in classroom displays and activities. Bring your own construction paper.
- Training and assistance in using the equipment is provided for classroom aides and parent volunteers.
TO FIND RESOURCES
Access our online catalogs. Enter search words in the text box. Search by keyword, subject, series, title, author or click the Power search button for Boolean searching. Catalog entries include descriptive annotations and many items are cross referenced to state standards.
TO CHECK OUT MATERIALS
Come to Media Services or call 925.426.4430 or use e-mail to request materials. Be sure your message includes your school names, item titles, and dates needed. Most materials have a two week loan period but can be renewed on request as long as another request has not been received for the tiem(s). If a request is received by 9:00am every effort will be made to ensure delivery to the school site the next day. Materials can be returned in person or through the district mail system.
TEXTBOOKS AND INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES
- K-5 teachers: Take textbook concerns and questions to your site library assistant who maintains records and a small textbook inventory. Most problems can be solved on site. If necessary, the library assistant will contact Media Services for assistance with the problem.
- Middle school teachers: Take textbook concerns and qustions to an assistant principal who will contact Media Services if necessary.
- High school teachers: Take textbook concerns to your department chairperson. The department chair will work with the site assistant principal to ensure that teachers and students have all necessary instructional materials.
Location: Behind the PUSD office building at 4663-A Bernal Ave.
Hours: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Library/Media Technicians – Nancy Tiedemann, Gillian McKie
We welcome your visit to check out resources, preview materials, browse the collections or recommend new materials.