Adult Education FAQs

Where can I find other local GED Testing Centers?
  • Castro Valley Adult School – 510-886-1000
  • Hayward Adult School – 510-293-8595
  • San Ramon Adult Ed – 925-479-1200
  • Martinez Adult School – 925-228-3587 X 234
How can I obtain a copy of my GED Certificate or get GED results?
If you are inquiring about GED test results, for those who took the test from 1990 (or as far back as 1968, if you previously applied for a certificate) through 2012, you can call the Educational Testing Service for results at 1.866.370.4740.Beginning the week of August 6, 2012, in addition to the above option, you may call 925.426.4344 for information related to any transcript request. There is no charge for scores sent directly to an educational institution. There is a $10.00 fee for scores sent anywhere elseTo obtain GED test results, the following information may be faxed or sent in writing:

  • Name used when test was taken
  • Address that test results should be sent to….if going to a school there is no charge but if going elsewhere, there is a $10 fee
  • Birthdate
  • Social Security number
  • Approximate date test was taken
  • Mother’s maiden name
  • Current telephone number
  • Signature
Where can I find information for ESL (English as a Second Language) or Citizenship classes in the area?

Local English Classes

Dublin Adult School
6901 York Drive
Dublin, CA 94568
925.829.4322 ext. 7921

Livermore Adult School
1401 Almond Avenue
Livermore, CA 94550

Pleasanton Public Library
400 Old Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Las Positas College
3033 Collier Canyon Road
Livermore, CA 94551
925.424.1000 www.laspositascollege.edu/ESL

Castro Valley Adult and Career Education
4430 Alma Avenue
Castro Valley, CA 94546

How can I obtain a copy of my transcript for work I have completed in adult education towards my HS Diploma?
To request a transcript for complete work towards a high school diploma, visit the Human Resources Department (call 925.426.4344 for more information) with a photo ID beginning the week of August 6, 2012. If you are not able to come in person, you would need to submit a written request including your name, address, date of birth, current telephone number and signature.
How can I obtain a copy of my Traffic School certificate?
Copies are no longer available at this office. Contact your local DMV office.
Applications can be obtained from the Foothill website(from link in Career Center page) or from the District Receptionist. Beginning July 30, 2012, once the application has been signed and appropriately filled out by the student, employer and parent/guardian, return it to the District Receptionist at the District Office, 4665 Bernal Avenue for processing.

  • Items needed for regular work permit applications include proof of age (picture ID or birth certificate) and proof of school enrollment. Please understand that work permits may take up to 48hrs max to process during the work week.

For students requesting theatrical permits, including entertainment industry, modeling, etc., these must be obtained by a parent/guardian directly from the California State Labor Commissioner at 1515 Clay Street, Room 801, Oakland, CA, 94612. The procedure preferred is to send a note requesting an application for this entertainment industry-specific type of work permit and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address. There is a portion of the application, which must be completed by the school attended by the minor. The completed application may then be mailed back to the Oakland office by the parent again with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and the special work permit will be mailed back. The telephone number for more information is 510.622.3273. Please select “0” for a representative.
Click here for Work Permit FAQs

Print Friendly