“Before and After School” child care for elementary children – grades K-5.
The Kids Club program offers children kindergarten through fifth grades a safe and nurturing environment. Children are offered a variety of curriculum choices each day as well as having daily opportunities to support their success in school.
Kids Club is staffed by qualified employees of the Pleasanton Unified School District. Kids Club staff meet both educational and experience requirements as established by Community Care Licensing and the State of California, Department of Education for school age child care.
What parents should ask before selecting a child care program
- What would a typical day be like for my child?
- What are the qualifications of staff?
- What is the ratio of qualified adults to children?
- How long have staff worked in the particular program?
- What is program philosophy on discipline, and how is it handled by staff?
- What kinds of snacks are served?
- Are the snacks nutritious?
- How do staff handle child illness, medical emergencies?
- Observe child care setting
- Is the facility clean
- Offer a variety of equipment & materials
- Provide for children’s safety & supervision