The Kids Club program is the before and after school child care program administered by the Pleasanton Unified School District, under the Business Services Division. Kids Club provides child care services on site at Alisal Elementary, Donlon Elementary, Hearst Elementary, Valley View Elementary, and Vintage Hills Elementary.
The Pleasanton Unified School District contracts with the YMCA of the East Bay to provide on-site child care services at Fairlands Elementary, Lydiksen Elementary and Mohr Elementary.
Kids Club believes that parents are the ones best able to assess which child care program will best meet their children’s needs. We encourage parents to visit programs and interview the staff prior to making their selection.
The Kids Club program offers children kindergarten through fifth grades a safe and nurturing environment. Children are offered a variety of curriculum choices each day as well as having daily opportunities to support their success in school.
Kids Club is staffed by qualified employees of the Pleasanton Unified School District. Kids Club staff meet both educational and experience requirements as established by Community Care Licensing and the State of California, Department of Education for school age child care.
Location & Administration
|Kids Club Administrative Office
4750 First Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
|Traci Peterson||Program Directoremail@example.com||925.462.7625|
|Sue McKinnon||General Informationfirstname.lastname@example.org||925.462.0830|
What parents should ask before selecting a child care program
- What would a typical day be like for my child?
- What are the qualifications of staff?
- What is the ratio of qualified adults to children?
- How long have staff worked in the particular program?
- What is program philosophy on discipline, and how is it handled by staff?
- What kinds of snacks are served?
- Are the snacks nutritious?
- How do staff handle child illness, medical emergencies?
- Observe child care setting
- Is the facility clean
- Offer a variety of equipment & materials
- Provide for children’s safety & supervision