Developer Fees

Developer Fees

Pleasanton Unified School District has a Cooperative Fee Agreement and a Gift Agreement for housing development in the city of Pleasanton. All new housing and remodeling projects are approved by the City of Pleasanton Planning and Building Departments. Once the plans are approved, the developer (corporate or individual) will need to bring the approved set of plans to the PUSD District Office, Business Services, to pay the appropriate School Impact Fees. The school district also collects fees for commercial buildings.

Developer Fee Schedule

At the December 13, 2011 board meeting, the Board of Trustees approved revised fees for State, Cooperative and Gift fee agreements. To access the fee schedule, please click here: Summary of Applicable Fees as of December 2011.

A copy f the FY12 Annual Accounting for School Facilities Fees is available here .

If you have any questions regarding the payment of fees, please contact Mary Huk at 925.426.4312 or Patty van Looy at 925.426.4307.

Fee Payment

When paying Developer Fees, please call Mary Huk at 925.426.4312 to schedule an appointment then come to the Pleasanton Unified District Office, 4665 Bernal Avenue, with the approved plans from the City of Pleasanton or information from Alameda County Offices.

The PUSD District Office is located on the corner of First Street and Bernal Avenue. The hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding District holidays). We are only able to accept checks.


FAQ’s – Developer Fees

I understand that if I am adding on to my existing home and the square footage is less than 500 square feet there is no fee. If it is more than 500 square feet, do I have to pay the fees for just the amount over 500 square feet?
No, if the addition is 750 ft² you pay the fees on the full 750 ft². If the square footage is 499 or less there are no fees. But, you should still make an appointment with us, bring in the plans and have us sign off. At that time we will issue a certificate showing the addition is exempt.
I am building a single family home and I have no children. Do I still have to pay the school impact fees?
Yes, the reason is at a later date you could sell your home and someone with children could buy it and then there would be an impact to the School District.
When I come in to pay my fees, what do I need to bring with me?
You should make an appointment with Mary Huk, District representative at 925.426.4312 and provide the contact information, name, address and phone number of the Developer, Owner or the Contractor. When you meet with the District representative, you need to bring the approved plans from the City so we can get the rest of the information that is needed and a check to pay the fees.
If my property is on County land do I still need to come in and pay the fees?
Yes, the same fees apply whether it is on County property or City property. One difference is that the County approves the application while the City approves the actual plans. The County usually faxes PUSD a copy of your approved application with all the pertinent information on it. If we don’t get a faxed copy you will need to bring a copy of the approved application with you.
How often do the fees change and how are they calculated?
We re-evaluate the fees approximately every two years. The fees are based on several items. A Demographer’s report, a Justification report and the State Statuary fee amount.
Print Friendly